Easy multi-computer use of KISSlicer

0110-m-p

Easy multi-computer use of KISSlicer

Post by 0110-m-p »

Thought I would share this with others since it has been so awesome/convenient for me to use KISS on multiple computers.

Download the DropBox desktop application on all machines you want to be able to use KISSlicer on. Once installed make a folder named KISSlicer and place your install .exe and all .ini configuration files in this folder. Create a shortcut to your desktop to the .exe file for that specific operating system (can have multiple .exe's in the same KISSlicer folder which shares .ini's).

Now whenever you launch KISSlicer it will launch from your local dropbox folder and all configs will be saved there as well. It will then automatically update the .ini's across all machines so that you never have to sync them manually again.

Here is what my folder looks like...
kisslicer-dropbox.JPG
kisslicer-dropbox.JPG (65.94 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Printer: Rostock Max w/ E3D V5 hotend and lots of upgrades/modifications
Davide Ardizzoia

Re: Easy multi-computer use of KISSlicer

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

Seems you are very comfortable with you ISP.

I am not, and keep my KS settings on my trustworthy Suse LINUX server, nightly backups and quite strict firewalling (linux aplliances, too).
I am paranoid, but I like to play safe. :-)

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

What does it have to do with the ISP?

The key is not saved in the same directory though, that sits in the registry (on Windows, at least).
Davide Ardizzoia

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

I mean: if your internet connection is not available...you can't slice.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

Davide Ardizzoia wrote:I mean: if your internet connection is not available...you can't slice.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
Dropbox client keeps a solid copy always on your hard drive, no matter the availability of internet. It just won't be synced to the cloud, if the internet isn't available.
0110-m-p

Post by 0110-m-p »

Mikk36 wrote:
Davide Ardizzoia wrote:I mean: if your internet connection is not available...you can't slice.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
Dropbox client keeps a solid copy always on your hard drive, no matter the availability of internet. It just won't be synced to the cloud, if the internet isn't available.
Yep this is the key. It is still locally installed, just keeps the INI's synced up between machines.

I'm definitely not paranoid enough about my ISP for them to care what my Kisslicer settings are.
Printer: Rostock Max w/ E3D V5 hotend and lots of upgrades/modifications