Help with post processor

Bubolz

Help with post processor

Post by Bubolz » 15 Nov 2018, 06:32

Folks!

I would like to add a post processor to enable the cooling fan only on; Perimeter Path and disable on all other path types (Loop Path, Crown Path, Solid Path , etc).
I know Kiss can do this through the Post-Process field in Printer / Firmware but the problem is that I'm not a programmer and I have no idea how to make it work.
Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

Paulo Bubolz

pjr

Re: Help with post processor

Post by pjr » 15 Nov 2018, 10:06

Hi Paulo

Do you have the post-processor which will change the fan settings?

If you do, then it's fairly straight forward. In the Post-Process entry field, type the following:

Code: Select all

"Post_Processor.exe" "<FILE>"
Obviously you need to replace "Post_Processor" with the file name of the program.

You may also need double quotes around the whole entry:

""Post_Processor.exe" "<FILE>""
If you don't have a post-processor, then you will need to write one (or find someone who is willing to write it for you) which takes the G-code file as its first and only argument.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

Bubolz

Post by Bubolz » 15 Nov 2018, 17:07

Thanks Peter! For the quick response.

Unfortunately I do not have the post processor. I have to put it in the root folder of Kisslicer right?

I thought of a simple script that could add the M106 S255 command only to Perimeter Path.

Can the post-process be some kind of script that is not properly an executable file?

Do you know of any publication on the internet about the programming of post-processors for 3D printing?

pjr

Post by pjr » 16 Nov 2018, 03:59

The post-processor does not have to be in the KISS root folder; the path can also be supplied.

There are some users on the Prusa Research forums who have written simple scripts for post-processing, so it does not have to be a "full" program.

You would also have to add the M106 S0 after the perimeter path

You may be aware that I have written a complex post-processor for KISS; KISS does generate excellent G-code for post-processing.

Unfortunately, I can't do the scripts; too old to learn that stuff :( I will have a look to see if I can find something useful.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.

pjr

Post by pjr » 16 Nov 2018, 04:06

OK, I found something. There's a guy on Github (PaulMeyer) who has written a Python script to drop temperatures during a tool change: https://github.com/3Dabbler/mmu2_ram_co ... ool_ram.py

This is for the Prusa Mk3 + MMU2 and he uses Slic3r PE butHe may be able to help if you ask him nicely ;)

Peter

Bubolz

Post by Bubolz » 17 Nov 2018, 05:22

Thank you Peter!

pjr

Post by pjr » 17 Nov 2018, 05:31

Quick look at the G-code. Seems that you would need to search for the string:

Path'
if that line contains the word "Perimeter", you issue a fan on, otherwise you issue a fan off.

Peter