Question regarding extruder hardware

Question regarding extruder hardware

Postby abecker » 02 Sep 2018, 13:25

In the extruder hardware, currently I have the values set for my 0.4mm nozzle. If I switch to a 0.5mm nozzle, do I need to change these values or do I only need to change the extrusion width and infill extrusion width?
abecker

Re: Question regarding extruder hardware

Postby pjr » 02 Sep 2018, 13:29

The nozzle throat length will most likely be different; you will have to change that as well. The drive length should not change

Extruder Hardware settings are used to calculate the Preload values.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
pjr

Postby abecker » 02 Sep 2018, 13:46

I know it is used to calculate the value I put in the preload box, but it is also then used when generating the gcode?
abecker

Postby pjr » 02 Sep 2018, 15:40

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The G-code preload calculation is based on the filament preload and the hardware (extruder) values; theoretically the filament value should not change when you change hardware.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
pjr

Return to Tips and tricks