Surface texture wizard?

pjr

Re: Surface texture wizard?

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:Interesting. I didn't realize it's done by increasing extrusion, I thought it actually changes perimeter path. That would be more complex, probably more effective, but definitely less interesting. Still haven't tried it.
Yes, not "velocity painting", just extrusion-modified.

Here's the result of this evening's test. It's difficult to get the lighting right, but on the left is my avatar (this time the right way round) and on the left is a coarse random pattern.
IMG_20181019_221026.jpg
Peter
Sue3DDesigns

Post by Sue3DDesigns »

Thank you so very much!

I tried all of that and nothing worked.
I moved the install directory at some point yesterday - I think I broke something.

Just wiped it and ran the install again, and it's working now..! :?
Oh well.
Thank you again for the help.

Using CraftWare as the viewer is a handy thing I did not know - I was using Cura, and that is dead-slow by comparison.

Trouble is, I have to work now - I've got no more excuses... :( :D

I really appreciate the advice, especially the Loop1>Perim setting. I hadn't considered that.

Cheers,
Susi
pjr

Post by pjr »

Sue3DDesigns wrote:Thank you so very much!

I really appreciate the advice
Pleasure :)

You can't break the program by moving it. It's a stand-alone single executable (much smaller than some other similar programs) and it only needs the 4 profile folders to work. These will be re-created if not moved with the program, but that would be very obvious. Bottom line is that I have no idea why it didn't work and then did. But it doesn't matter now you have it working :)

One day, I may try some of your filaments, but with Prusament now shipping, I think that will give a lot of filament produces a few headaches :( I really do wish PR would concentrate on getting their hardware working properly.

Peter
Sue3DDesigns

Post by Sue3DDesigns »

pjr wrote: You can't break the program by moving it. It's a stand-alone single executable (much smaller than some other similar programs) and it only needs the 4 profile folders to work. These will be re-created if not moved with the program, but that would be very obvious. Bottom line is that I have no idea why it didn't work and then did. But it doesn't matter now you have it working :)

One day, I may try some of your filaments, but with Prusament now shipping, I think that will give a lot of filament produces a few headaches :( I really do wish PR would concentrate on getting their hardware working properly.
That is one of the things I really like about KS - it all being in one place - none of the usual Windoze 'spatter everything everywhere' method of obfuscation. Damn I miss init files! :)
I think part of the issue was that I was running off a virtual drive located on my server. After a local install, I copied it back - and it carried on working.
Like I said, I think I did something dumb. :/

I should have kept a copy of the old install and done a file comparison. Idiot!

Yeah, I get what you say about Josef and The Gang. I had a Mk3 and MMU on order in March, but cancelled after I saw the way things were going. Shiny/clear filaments needed the run-out sensor turned off; they were tweaking the flow settings without telling folks (can't remember if it was in the slicer or firmware, I lost interest); the saga of the powder-coated PEI bed plate; the layer issues a considerable number of customers were suffering; and the less said about the MMU, the better. Add to that the PR forums were getting a bit toxic...
I bought a Palette+ instead. Very happy with it as it works with any printer - even the Mk3... ;)

I've not tried any of the Prusa filament yet. As to what effect its release will have on our business is anyone's guess. We offer high-quality filaments along with extended customer support and advice, I don't know yet if PR will be doing the same.
I think you will be impressed with the quality of our filaments, but I think the shipping fees to Croatia are likely to be punitive.
We are moving to providing a MasterSpool option to save on postage as soon as we can as this gets the packages under the 1kg limit - as after this, postal/courier charges tend to get silly.

Thanks again.
Susi.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Sue3DDesigns wrote: but I think the shipping fees to Croatia
Errrrrrr That would be Slovenia then ;) There's no reason for expensive shipping costs nowadays.

I just had my delivery of the usual Christmas goodies from BritishCornerShop.co.uk The cost for a 30Kg box via DHL was £12.99 (3-day service) The other option was Parcelforce/GLS (usually pretty useless, 7+ day service) at £20.99. Also just shipped is 100Kg of fossils via FedEx (3 day) for just £50. E3D also use FedEx but they don't have such good prices.

Parcel2Go using DPD (3 Days) is always a good option (up to £30 for 30 Kg).

Peter