Multi Color Prints with One Extruder

quadcells

Multi Color Prints with One Extruder

Post by quadcells »

Hi All,
Fairly new to Kisslicer. Coming from Cura and S3D. I would like to print multi colors with one extruder. I have done this with S3D in the Advance tab, Layer Modifications, Start and Stop printing height.
Can Kisslicer do this too? Been looking for it but haven't found any information on the subject.

/quadcells
pjr

Re: Multi Color Prints with One Extruder

Post by pjr »

Of course it can. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2058

Peter
quadcells

Post by quadcells »

Hi, In S3D I have 2 process with the same .stl file that has a Z height of 8mm. The first process will end at Z height of 6mm, i then change the filament. The next process starts at a Z height of 6mm and ends at a Z height of 8mm. This is the finished part:
nimble.jpg
nimble.jpg (59.76 KiB) Viewed 1567 times

I would like to do this in Kisslicer but cannot find where in Kisslicer to tell it to stop at a certain Z height and to Start the print a certain Z height.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Ah, so you don't want SNMM, you only want to change filament at a certain height.

Very easy to do; just open the exported G-code file in a text editor (such as Notepad++), search for Z={your_required_height} and add your filament change G-code (or pause, whatever you use to notify a change of filament).

Peter
quadcells

Post by quadcells »

Thanks, that does sound easy. I will try that.
pjr

Post by pjr »

quadcells wrote:Thanks, that does sound easy. I will try that.
It really is very simple, but there just one thing to note - there will probably be a retract prime at the start of the layer which you will need to remove. Something like G1 E0.8 (or whatever destring value you use).

Peter