Extrusion Line Overlap %

inventabuild

Extrusion Line Overlap %

Post by inventabuild »

Does anyone know the % (or fixed mm) overlap each extruded line has on the one next to it for both loops and solid infill? Is this fixed in KISSlicer or can I modify it?
Jani

Re: Extrusion Line Overlap %

Post by Jani »

inventabuild wrote:Does anyone know the % (or fixed mm) overlap each extruded line has on the one next to it for both loops and solid infill? Is this fixed in KISSlicer or can I modify it?
Look at the Printer->Hardware tab. There you have a slider named "Loop / Solid Infill Overlap".
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

I'm familiar with that; however the tool tip says that feature only tells how much the infill overlaps the inner loop.

I would like to know how much each loop overlaps the one next to it and how much the Infill paths overlap each other.

I noticed S3D has this option and I saw some Prusa default profiles for S3D where this is set to 25%.

Is there a setting for this somewhere in Kisslicer?
Attachments
1AE79E17-927C-4A72-BEA8-7FF166271B89.jpeg
pjr

Post by pjr »

I haven't seen such a setting in any of the slicers I use (but I do not use S3D...).

I think your best bet is to look at "Flow Tweak". Other than that the slicer should generate lines which exactly fit together - basically if it's printing a line 0.4mm wide, it should generate code to do exactly that. Changing Flow Tweak or playing with the filament diameter value will cause the printer to extrude more (or less) filament, but for the whole model and not just the perimeters.

Peter
derdigge

Post by derdigge »

Hello.

Sorry for necro bumping a thread. A setting like this is very usefull. SlicerPE has this by default().
Especialy when you are printing threads modeled in cad, this is a very powerfull setting.

If you want kisslicer to fit a cad modeled thread you have to underextrude a lot. Often that much, that a thread sinply will break in parts(its ABS).
The bonding between the loops would also be improved. See the "spacing paths" section in this documentation.
https://manual.slic3r.org/advanced/flow-math

extrusion_width - layer_height * (1 - PI/4) That means that a .2LH /.4e xtrusion width / 5 walled object will be about .21 mm smaller than designed.
For most 3dp materials this will make them fit perfectly. If not add a loop, thats easy.

I dont like SlicerPe compared to kiss, as SlicerPE generates typical imperfections on shells for example.
The bautiness of mechanical parts with kiss is a lot better. I print a lot mechanical parts for the Voron community.
My parts with kiss looks better but threads are failing 90% of the time.

Maybe you consider an option like "overlap loops/perimeters to fill spaces". The stronger bonding of loops is a benefit beside the fact of easy working 3dp threads.
Here is a simmple thread test to print in 20 mintes.
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... t.STL.html

Thanks
hevilp

Post by hevilp »

Upvote for this!

The better bonding would be very good to have.

kind regards