Extrusion Line Overlap %

Extrusion Line Overlap %

Postby inventabuild » 04 Dec 2017, 21:46

Does anyone know the % (or fixed mm) overlap each extruded line has on the one next to it for both loops and solid infill? Is this fixed in KISSlicer or can I modify it?
inventabuild

Re: Extrusion Line Overlap %

Postby Jani » 25 Dec 2017, 10:17

inventabuild wrote:Does anyone know the % (or fixed mm) overlap each extruded line has on the one next to it for both loops and solid infill? Is this fixed in KISSlicer or can I modify it?

Look at the Printer->Hardware tab. There you have a slider named "Loop / Solid Infill Overlap".
Jani

Postby inventabuild » 25 Dec 2017, 15:02

I'm familiar with that; however the tool tip says that feature only tells how much the infill overlaps the inner loop.

I would like to know how much each loop overlaps the one next to it and how much the Infill paths overlap each other.

I noticed S3D has this option and I saw some Prusa default profiles for S3D where this is set to 25%.

Is there a setting for this somewhere in Kisslicer?
Attachments
1AE79E17-927C-4A72-BEA8-7FF166271B89.jpeg
inventabuild

Postby pjr » 20 Mar 2018, 14:33

I haven't seen such a setting in any of the slicers I use (but I do not use S3D...).

I think your best bet is to look at "Flow Tweak". Other than that the slicer should generate lines which exactly fit together - basically if it's printing a line 0.4mm wide, it should generate code to do exactly that. Changing Flow Tweak or playing with the filament diameter value will cause the printer to extrude more (or less) filament, but for the whole model and not just the perimeters.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
pjr

Return to Tips and tricks