Re-slice an object after move

Lykle

Re-slice an object after move

Post by Lykle »

Is there a way to force a re-slice?
Sometimes I make a change, but it will not re-slice automatically. For instance when I change the place on the built platform.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will force a new slice action?
Now I am just forced to change the extrusion width slightly just to get it to slice again.

So what is the secret to let it slice when I want it to?

Lykle
pjr

Re: Re-slice an object after move

Post by pjr »

There is no need to re-slice after changes which have no effect on slicing.

Things like layer height and extrusion width require the model to be re-sliced; other things such as material retraction settings and positional movement do not.

Peter
Lykle

Post by Lykle »

But if I want to re-position the part on the bed, when I then save the file, will it have the new coordinates?
And changing the speed of the print, will the changes be saved?

Is that what the second animation of layers is for, to show that the additional stuff is saved as well?
pjr

Post by pjr »

Lykle wrote:But if I want to re-position the part on the bed, when I then save the file, will it have the new coordinates?
And changing the speed of the print, will the changes be saved?

Is that what the second animation of layers is for, to show that the additional stuff is saved as well?

There are 2 phases to the slicing; the first (when you press "Slice") handles the actual slicing part (extrusion width etc). The second phase occurs when you press "Save" which handles the positional elements etc.

First phase is the style and support, second phase is the printer and material.
Peter