moving objects on the buidplate / splitting files

woody3dp

moving objects on the buidplate / splitting files

Post by woody3dp »

Hi,
I often print in ABS. To prevent my models from warping, I use "mouse ears" that I put at the angles of my print. I need to place it quite precisely but I can't do it:

Try 1 (loading the 2 objects separately are impossible to move separately to move them at the right position):
mouse ears.JPG
Try 2 (loading multiple STL files into a single model. They are never aligned the way I want, even if in my design, they are aligned correctly):
mouse ears2.JPG
mouse ears2.JPG (71.04 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
Try 3 (loading a single model where the mouse ears are included into the design. There is a problem into the slicing, because I would like the mouse ears to be considered like a different model, to have it's own perimeters and to be easy to detach. The design includes two components, I would like to be able to split the two components, they would be considered like two different models at their respective positions):
mouse ears3.JPG
Here's the result I'm expecting, I can easily do it into slic3r, I load my STL file (wich includes my two components), I split the file and just slice it, it's simple and very fast (you can see the paths are different for each component:
mouse ears4.JPG
mouse ears4.JPG (41.42 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
I don't know if it's possible to do what I'm expecting, but those would be very nice features to include into the next kisslicer version:
- moving objects independently onto the buildplate,
- splitting objects into components while maintaining their respective positions (that would also solve this problem here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2045)
Olivier13

Re: moving objects on the buidplate / splitting files

Post by Olivier13 »

Hi
TRY3 is a good way...but, when you include ears to the model, try to add an extra space (like 0.02mm) between part and ears.
Regards
Printer : A4v3 From 3ntr - 2 Extruders.
http://www.additec.fr
woody3dp

Re: moving objects on the buidplate / splitting files

Post by woody3dp »

Thank you for your answer Olivier13, that works exactly the way I want ! ;)
mouse ears4.JPG
mouse ears4.JPG (96.88 KiB) Viewed 1863 times