different settings for different parts of the same object

woody3dp

different settings for different parts of the same object

Post by woody3dp »

Hi, I want to print an object and I designed it's own supports (as a part of the object), I can select this part with kisslicer (when I click on extruder mapping, this is the part in grey color in the picture) and I want for example to be able to change only for this part the speed, the infill etc...Is this possile ? It's like using the modifiers in slic3r...
cheval support.JPG
mhackney

Re: different settings for different parts of the same objec

Post by mhackney »

Watch my KISS Lock Paths video. A lot of what you want to do can be done with that. It is a PRO feature.
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

Thank you mhackney, I've already watched your video many times but are you sure I can lock path of two parts that are from the same object ? I mean my object is made of two components in only one STL file, I can't lock path for each of them :
cheval support.JPG
I've tried to save my object into two different STL files but they are not positionned at the right place when I load them:
cheval support2.JPG
I've also tried to load multiple files into one STL file but they are not positionned correctly, and also I think I can't lock path for only one STL file:
cheval support3.JPG
Thank you for your help ! :)
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

You are correct, they locked parts only works on objects from separate files. Unfortunately, I don't think the lock paths feature was designed to deal with situations like yours - it was designed for completely separate parts, not parts that compose a single print.