Slicing thin-wall-models

Tutorius

Slicing thin-wall-models

Post by Tutorius »

I have found the problem with thin walled models that made me almost go to an other slicer :)

I want to slice flying rc-planes, and have constructed some parts using blender. My actual project did not slice in kisslicer to get a perimeter with only one loop.

Without changing one parameter in style-setting, the small wall of the model is not completly rendered.
kisslicer2-001.jpg
kisslicer2-001.jpg (8.85 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
The value for the inset-surface is to be changed to a small value, i choose the value of zero
kisslicer2-002.jpg
kisslicer2-002.jpg (16.3 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
After this cahnge, the model can be rendered correct to print with only one loop as wanted
kisslicer2-003.jpg
kisslicer2-003.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
lonesock

Re: Slicing thin-wall-models

Post by lonesock »

Yes, slicing single-extrusion-thickness walls can be tough. One technique I have used for this kind case is to leave the model solid, but have KISSlicer print it in Vase mode with only 1 loop.

Jonathan
Tutorius

Post by Tutorius »

Slicing solid models is a thing i also thought of, but would not run when trying to slice the wings, i want so add "ripps" (is this the correct english word?) there for more stability.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

"Ribs" [8^)

In Vase mode you can add extra strengthening material by adding an extra surface. So putting a small hole or thin cutout in your solid model will actually add more plastic in the printed model.

Jonathan
Tutorius

Post by Tutorius »

Hi,

i will give it a try. At the moment the way of slicing wit this parameter set to zero does a good job.

Have a look at this wing-part (was aborted cause ty y-axis looses a step)
WIng001.jpg
WIng002.jpg
Its a very stable thing, you can not bend or break it easily, but i need to put more current on my y-stepper.